Saturday, March 25, 2017

Postcards and Wrist Bands

Based on a suggestion given to me by a teacher who had made a similar trip, I brought postcards that Mrs. Sternberg's eighth grade class had filled out. I used the cheapest Florida tourist postcards that I could find at K-Mart. On the last day I passed out a postcard to every student in a class that had just done a presentation on Islam for us. They were very excited.

We also gave out red silicone wrist bands that we had made that said "Morocco 2017 USA." We brought 500 of these wrist bands to Guelmim and had an easy time giving them away to students that we met. I'm pretty much believe the whole "cross cultural understanding leads to world peace" idea, so this week these simple tokens became objects of both real and symbolic connections between countries, religions, and peoples.  

No comments:

Post a Comment